Friday, December 21, 2007

My Family does the Tim Ho's Drive-Thru

Every time I go through the Tim Horton’s drive thru with my father, he pulls up to the garbage can (before the “order here” box) and begins to place his order. Then we all laugh and yell “Daaaad, that’s the GARBAGE can!” And then my then my dad says “Ohh! Ha. Whoops, why do they make those things look so similar???” We finally make it to the ordering box and the conversation usually ends up in some variation of this:

Tim Horton’s Staff: Welcome to Tim Horton’s, can I take your order?
Dad: Uh, hi. I’d like a large bagel please.
THS: Sir, we don’t have large bagels. They only come in one size.
Dad: I’m pretty sure you had them the last time I was here.
THS: Sir, we’ve never had "large" bagels.
Dad: Oh, maybe I’m thinking about the small bagels then.
THS: We only have one size.
Dad: Okay, I’ll take one of those tiny bagels then.
THS: The bagels aren’t tiny sir, they’re a regular bagel size.
Dad: Ohhh I see. Could I have a timbit bagel then?
THS: We don’t have those sir. Only regular bagels.
Dad: I’m pretty sure you had them the last-
THS: Sir, we have timbit donuts. We do NOT have bagels timbits.
Dad: Well then what do you do with the middle of the bagel?
THS: I - I don’t know Sir.
Dad: Okay, okay. I’ll just have an extra small coffee please.

I will never get tired of this.