Monday, April 02, 2007

Steady As She Goes

After a long day at work, if I know that I’m going somewhere other than home, I like to touch up my make up on the bus. Nothing extravagant, just the basics. I’ll sit near the front of the bus so that people don’t have to watch me do this. Today, we were at a stop and I was putting on a bit of eyeliner. Suddenly I realized, ‘Why aren’t we moving?” The bus driver was waiting for me to finish putting on my eyeliner before leaving. That is REALLY nice! I’m perfectly capable of not poking my eyes out, I’ve been doing this sort of thing in cars for years; and usually I’m the one driving. I got the giggles though when I realized that a bus of like 30 people was being held up because the bus driver thought he was saving me from a life time of Braille and foldable walking sticks. So I put the pencil down and the bus driver smiled and said something to me and then drove off. I picked out the words "Madame", “Tres” and “Dangereux”. But I don't speak French, so his message remains a mystery to me.