Monday, April 23, 2007

Happiness is....

This past weekend, six lovely ladies took a very well deserved trip to heaven. Oops, sorry that sounds like we died but I’m just trying to paint a picture of how beautiful Interloken and Lauterbrennen was.
We stayed in an adorably warm and cozy cabin that had a bed almost as comfortable as bed hole with a gorgeous view of the Jungfrau and a magical waterfall. With the exception of running to catch the train (why do all of my stories include that?) it was the most relaxing weekend I think I’ve ever had. It was especially nice because this is the last time that Nadia, Nicky, Natalie, Sasha, Melissa and Caroline will be able to travel together because very shortly some of the group is moving on to bigger and better things.
OH, and most importantly, Sunday morning we went PARAGLIDING. 1000 feet up in the air over mountain tops and lakes with handsome Swiss men strapped to our backs. It was Nic and Caroline who suggested it, and we all managed to peer pressure each other into doing it all the while talking out our fears such as:

Nadia: “What if I pee my pants?”
Natalie: “You won’t pee. And if you do, I have an extra pair of pants. But I won't be able to give you your dignity back. You'll have to earn that.”

Sasha: "If I die, I need to guys to go to the apartment before anyone else and hide anything that could embarrass my parents."

Natalie: “If I die, tell Linda the Annual report is saved on the G drive and the printers at Villiere are expecting a high resolution print-ready PDF with a 5mm bleed on each side before 5:00pm on Monday-
Everyone: “STOP TALKING ABOUT WORK!!!”

Now for pictures: I will explain more about the flying process later. I must go. I have heartburn.